Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Best Birthday Part 1

I have to share the glorious birthday I just had and boy was I a lucky girl.

I started celebrating the night before with dinner at Montage. Montage is a Portland institution. It's located underneath the Morrison Bridge and the atmosphere is loud and energetic. I would call the cuisine New Orleans-inspired, with their alligator bites, crawfish hushpuppies, and jambalaya. But, the best thing on the menu has to be their mac-and-cheese. The mac-and-cheese comes in many ways. There's old fashioned, spicy, spold (half old fashioned and half spicy), pesto, or cheddar mac. I always get the cheddar mac and then add sausage. Their sausage is pretty spicy so it complements the cheddar mac beautifully. Along with the mac I like to start off with my cocktail of choice, cucumber gin limeade. Yummy!

Now, here's my favorite part of the Montage experience - their talented staff will take your leftovers and create aluminum foil works of art. You never know what you are going to get and it's always a nice surprise.


That night I got a chipmunk and my husband got a scorpion. Its always fun to check out what others around you have received. I've seen swords, roses, swans, and even lap dogs with a leash.

What a fun night and that was only the beginning. Soon, I will share the next half of my special day. 

Here's a teaser, it involves a magical wardrobe, pong, and a quiz.

Ciao for now,
Figgy





No comments:

Post a Comment