Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Is Here!

My favorite crafty season is here, Fall! The time has come to get cracking on some Halloween crafts. So get ready, I can be a bit ridiculous during Halloween and especially during the holidays.

For the past week or so my brain has been working overtime trying to come up with some great Halloween items for Urban Creatures and my up and coming project Figgy Pudding. For Urban Creatures we decided to create some Halloween-themed bracelets.

Below we have incorporated some felted beads with our strands of recycled knit fabrics.


We found these great bat charms sometime ago. Until now we haven't been able to come up with a way to add them to our mix. With the recent vampire craze this bracelet can definitely be worn after Halloween as well.


Today I went out to Fabric Depot. For those of you that do not live here in PDX, Fabric Depot is an awesome warehouse full of fabrics usually at discounted prices. Lucky for me, today was 30% off everything!!

My mission at the Fabric Depot was Halloween fabric for some baby clothes and accessories for Figgy Pudding. What do you think of my choices? I love 'em.


Once I got home I went to work on my pumpkin pin cushions. I was inspired by heirloom tomatoes and then realized if I do these in orange they make the perfect little pumpkin. Who doesn't need a seasonal pin cushion! This will be my first item added to my Figgy Pudding Etsy store.

Check it out at www.figgypuddingandpie.etsy.com!


Ciao for now,
Figgy

No comments:

Post a Comment